Thursday, September 13, 2007

Light the Night 2007

Mom finished her fourth round of chemo on Monday and has been resting at home. She is holding up pretty well - but is very tired. Her counts continue to remain very low so she is taking every precaution to prevent infection. She sees Dr. Porter next week and I imagine she will write more after meeting with him.

I wanted to give you all an update on our status with Light the Night 2007. Team Teklits is in full gear down here in DC! We have a benefit concert coming up at the end of the month and I wanted to share the details with you. It is geared towards the younger crowd (kids under 10) and their parents. We are very excited about this event, and hope it will raise interest and awareness for Light the Night within our community here in Virginia.




If you aren't able to join us this year, consider joining Team MazzTek, which is organized by Megan Noon, the sweet niece of our dear friend Bob Mazzola. You can learn more about Team MazzTek at Light the Night

For those of you unable to walk this year, it is easy to donate! Please email me if you need more information.

Have a great weekend everyone!

Jessie

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie,

Glad to hear that your 4th round is over and done with. Please continue to get your rest and feel better. Thank you again for the matunity outfits, they are starting to come in handy and elastic has become my new best friend- next to Reen of course, ha. If there is anything that you need let me know... any lasgena for dinner?

Jessie,

Goodluck with everything at your walk. Reen and I are volunteering at the refreshment stand this year, and hopefully we can get a good turnout for Team Mazztek! I hope you get a good turnout at the concert. I have been meaning to get down to DC to visit some friends and family, so maybe I can get Matt to come with me for the weekend and we could make the concert to show support.
Hope Christian and Emma are doing great!

XOXO MEG NOON

9/14/2007 7:58 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad the fourth round is over and let's get those counts up and keep that infection away. Prayers and thoughts are with you. Love Shelly

9/14/2007 1:53 PM  
Blogger Jessie said...

Hey Meg,

I'd love to meet Matt and have you guys in town for the concert. The Fall is a lovely time to visit DC. We're only a few miles from the city and about 1 mile away from a metro - which is the easiest way to get around town. You're always welcome to come and visit, even if it's not the weekend of the concert. Feel free to email me directly if you want to discuss more!

Jess
jessica.khouri@gmail.com

9/15/2007 11:01 AM  
Blogger Diane said...

Hi Deb, I was at Steffie Smith's shower and sat with JoAnne and Kathy Moore. I heard that you were not feling too well. I must apologize for not contacting you sooner. I knew you were sick last year but I did not know you were not feeling better.
JoAnn mentioned your blog. I am impressed that you are so techy. This is the first time I have read a blog. It is a great way to keep in touch.
Deb, if you need help with your med administration I am home every evening after 6 and all day Mondays and weekends. My nursing skill are not too rusty, so do not hesitate to give me a call.
It sounds like your kids are doing well. How does it feel to be a grandmother. I can't wait til it happens over here (but God forbid I make the suggestion).
My Joe was at HUP the same time you were this summer. He spent about a week in July and 22 days in August. I was there with him every day. It's amazing our paths did not cross. I could have come to see you to break up some of the monotony of being in the hospital.
Deb you are in my thoughts and prayers. Please do not hesitate to call if you need anything.
Looking forward to seeing you at Steffie's wedding. Love, Diane Radvansky

9/16/2007 7:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home