Monday, August 06, 2007

August 6, 2007 Update

Dear Fods,

Thanks for continuing to keep in touch with us. We were able to make it to the shore again this weekend although Debbie was not feeling well for most of it. Mike came down on Friday night from his office and we followed up on Saturday morning. Derek joined Mike on Friday night and the boys had a good time -- enough said.

We arrived in time to prepare a much needed breakfast for the beleagured boys and we were on the beach by noon. Saturday night we "laid low" and ordered from Picinnis. Our neighbor Donna brought a nice poppie seed cake over on Saturday night and we all enjoyed her kindness. Thanks to Donna for that.

On Sunday the winds were howling but Mike and I went down for a sand blasting before suggesting the upper deck to Debbie. Mike went home around 1:00 and we went back to the beach later in the day for another hour. Picinnis was again in order for Debbie for dinner and she loved the ravioli. Donna K. brought Debbie some tea and we thank her for that.

Debbie started to notice some problems with her skin during the evening on Sunday and she thought that a trip to Penn would be needed today. We stopped in on the way home and she did need platelets (she was @ 3K so go figure). We saw Bob and Mo while we were there and finally got home around 5:00 PM.

Debbie has been laying low since we got home and hopefully her counts will get back up by the end of the week.

Thanks to all for helping with the rides, cards and blogs.

Debbie sends her love to all.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Guys,
Sorry to hear Debbie's not feeling well. I missed you on the beach again this week. Adam, Jill and the baby were down for the weekend. Ethan liked the sand but the water scared him a little. We got some beautiful pictures though. Sunday was brutal on the beach for the baby so they left around noon. Art went back to Delaware too. My sister and her husband were also down.We went to AC and I left with almost $300.00 of Donald Trumps money!
My other sister and her two kids came down yesterday. It was lousy at the beach so we went shopping in Stone Harbor and then I drove back to Delaware. So, as I prepare to babysit Ethan for the next two days my 2 sisters, my neice and nephew and now my brother are enjoying my place at the beach! Well, I'm happy to say we haven't wasted it this summer.
My friend is coming up from DC(4th time this summer) She is making a quilt for Ethan's first birthday and needs his feet and hand prints. It will be wonderful. Her quilts are incredible. Have a good week. I hope you will feel better soon.
Take care,
Betty

8/07/2007 6:15 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

So you can tell from your skin that your platlets are low? amazing! did they give you more, and is this expected on this new vidaza med?
I just got back from the dentist.. i have 3 fillings that need to be taken care of. the dentist thinks it's from stress and my grinding of teeth.. at least at my age something is grinding!(woops , sorry again,,jeezzzz)
Not too much else.. just doing little odd cleaning jobs here and there.. mark and tim are at camp. and patrick is going to the giants game again tonight.. he went last night but barry didn't break the record,.. so he'll try to see if he does it tonight..
i hope today brings you more strength..I'l talk to you later, and joe,, thank you so much for keeping us in the loop... love to all of you.. mdf

8/07/2007 2:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you were able to get down to the shore for a little bit this weekend, but sorry to hear Debbie isn't feeling well again. Keep up the spirits - you can make it through this - you are a real trooper. Think of you often. Love Shelly

8/07/2007 3:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Deb I think about you all the time and pray every night. hang in there

8/07/2007 3:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb that is me Linda Sheets I forgot my blog name Love Linda

8/07/2007 3:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi All. Just wanted to say hello and let you know I am thinking about you, that I miss you and love you, Deb. Getting closer to Jen's wedding (Sept. 8). I am so happy for them. Shelly's is Nov. 10. You are always on my mind and my prayers always include you, Debbie. Love, Cheryl (Crone)

8/07/2007 8:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,

It has been a while, I was blocked from viewing at work. I have since figured a way around them. So here I am. Works been better. Mom has been the one keeping me busy. She is now settled in Cape May for a few weeks. Sorry to hear how you have been feeling. Hope you see an upswing by the end of the week. Take care. Love, hugs, and prayers, jean

8/08/2007 6:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home