Tuesday, August 22, 2006

What Great stories !!!

Hello Fellow Bloggers,

So good to hear from you all. I love all of your stories. Alison you had me weeping or "seeping" as my friend would say about you and your husband sneaking a day off to be together and
christmas shop. I have a very good husband but we only Xmas shopped together last year. I was not yet diagnosed but was feeling very sick and my Dr. ( Bob,of Mo and Bob) wanted me to stay home and take it easy as some of my labs were abnormal but not quite clear yet that i had leukemia. Follow that ? Anyway i said i was gonna just run to a few stores, and he said no way! But i am very strong willed and said i was goin. Well he came with me in case anything would happen. (i would get these sudden fevers and chills and abd. pain that would come on very quickly ) So we left the house at 7:30 am stopped at Starbucks for tea and coffee and headed to the mall. No looking and feeling sweaters. "just pick one Deb".Got a few things very quickly and off to Target to get our precious Grandson a wagon. Got that ,and some dvd's and cd's for the boys and on to Old Navy for my boys and niece and nephew. Joe got a big carry all bag and we started stuffing gloves and hats and sweaters in the bag. We were home by 1pm. That was the quickest i've ever shopped in my life. i already had girlfriends gifts as i by them throughout the year when i see something they would like i pick it up.I was on a mission this summer to get as many gifts as i could because i will sorta be on house arrest for 100 days after transplant. Thats mid nov. if all goes well. Another reason to beat this as my husband will not know what to do with all the loot i've collected. I even have my tea party favors bought and ready to go. But boy oh boy do i regress. this was about Alison and her sweet date with her hubby. I think if i told joe we would doa ittle shopping and then bar hop he would be more willing. But not before saying "bar hop, Who are you and where is my wilf" to suggest bar hopping......Bev i loved your story about Australia. You must wear that get up to the cosmo party. That could be a game we could play. For those of us that don't know each other. trying to figure out who everyone is. Of course i knoe everyone cept. Alison. And bevwill be a dead giveaway. Now where did that come from"dead Giveaway" Friend Kris would you get on that please..... Rick enjoyed your story. Was glad you could show it off to the folks. Did mom REALLY throw a pork chop at you? Suzanne i wish i could help you pack. I bet you are coming across all the girls old dresses and toys and photos. When i clean my closet i always get sidetracked looking at old photos. And i saved way too much. I'm so excited for you moving to a new place....Mo and Bob please let me know if you hear anything about Bill....
Thankfully not too much to report from here. Still not sleeping, even with 2 sleeping pills last nite. A sore throat persists but not the dreaded mucousitis. No fevers or chills but if i could get out of this room iwould give someone all the money in my wallet. Speaking of wallets. mine is at home but if you were to look in it, probably $100.00 in cash, numerous credit cards (janet does that hurt your credit rating?) and receipts from my early Christmas shopping and my nurses license., my ss card drivers license and my bone marrow registry card. Doubt that anyone will want me as a donor now. Also pictures of the grandbabies. Well i'd better close this before it vanishes into thin air.
istarted this at 7:30 am justtakes forever to complete...love you all......Debbie

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Deb,
Haven't written for a while but you know we are thinking about you and praying for you 24/7. I was going to send a note to you but I saw Joey the other day and he was telling me about the process of wiping everything down to keep it sterile so I thought I should use the blog. The way he described your room and the way everyone has to gown up I can understand why you feel like the boy in the bubble. Thank goodness you have the blog and the phone to keep in contact with everyone!!

I have really enjoyed reading all the stories on the blog...what a great and varied group of FODs and family you have!! But as I have told you many times, special people like you attract only the best in friends to surround you.

I was sorry to hear that you had such a bad reaction the other day. When I say Joey on Sunday morning he was beaming that you were doing so well so it must have happened after that. Glad to hear you are better today and glad to hear that your reaction to the transplant has been tolerable and we hope it continues!!

All is well here on Tennis way. We had a great time in Florida (we were able to freeload off of Bob's brother who owns a condo on the beach in New Smyrna, just south of Daytona.) We had a great view, nice weather and good food....who can ask for anything more when on vacation. The pelicans were stunning as they fly by in rows of 5 - 8 at a time and just glide by with their incredible wing span. They would be a great addition to the Jersey shore if we could just get them to fly north. The kids and I were in Stone Harbor last weekend (Bob had baseball and couldn't miss the game) and we were looking for the pelocans but only got to see the usual seagulls. I think of you more often when I am at the shore and am trying to imagine you without a tan. But sunless tanners work really well and with an umbrella and wide brimmed hat you will still be able to enjoy the beach. And remember, we all know that the only reason we go to the beach is to kill time before cocktail hour...which in your case can start as early as you would like!

I hope you get some sleep soon and are feeling more comfortable even though your counts are low. My mother-in-law sends her best and we are all pulling for you. By the way, your red and white impatients in the front of the house look incredible. The boys are taking great care of them despite all the warm and dry weather and they will be a beautiful welcome for you when you get home! Hope to see you home soon....we miss you.

Love....Karen, Bob, Carolyn, Bobby and Casey

PS The FedEx truck was in front of your house today and the driver got out and gave Casey a treat....she has everyone in the neighborhood trained!

8/22/2006 1:52 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Deb, this is Steve Trehern - I have not written for awhile. Joe keeps me up to date with your progress. Luanne and I continue to keep you and your family in our thoughts and prayers. We enjoy keeping up to date in the blog and reading the stories about you and your friends. You are very fortunate to have such wonderful friends, a loving husband and family, and the best care in the world. I was sorry to hear about the fevers, chills, nausea and other reactions you have had - I know at times you must be absolutely miserable. We all admire your courage and conviction to beat this thing. Please know our thoughts and prayers are always with you.

Steve & Luanne Trehern

8/22/2006 4:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home