Sunday, May 07, 2006

Special Guest Posting: What a great weekend at the Shore!

Dear Fod's

Thank you for all of your wonderful cards and blogs, even though we have not posted for over a week. Still you have been very kind to continue to stay in touch and to blog against the last posting. Please know that I read all of the blogs, over and over again, and they help me and inspire me greatly. Hopefully, all of them will help me to become a better writer.

Each day I am getting my strength back more and more and I am really starting to feel somewhat normal again. Just in time for more chemo! No, not really, Dr. Porter has to wait until after Emma's Christening, which is May 21st. I see Dr. Porter on Wednesday and I will share my plan of action with him -- whether he agrees or not, I am sticking to my guns this time. This was a difficult recovery, with six days in the hospital after the initial discharge and still slow to recover my counts. My bone marrow is getting tired. Two weeks off can only help me get stronger for the next round starting on May 22nd.

We had a wonderful weekend at the shore and Joey and Allie joined us. It was cool but there was beautiful, bright sunshine and not a drop of rain. We had a few hours at the beach yesterday for a game of bocci, but I was completely covered with my knit hat, thanks Rosemarie, sweatshirt and hood! Joey, Allie and Joe played their game by the seaside and three little girls were actually in the water with their boogie boards. The water was probably 56 degrees! Oh, to be young again.

We ordered out to Puccini's on Friday and had a great Italian feast. Saturday we went to Obie's and had a seafood feast. Yes, my appetite is back and I even had a piece of Mac and Manko pizza after dinner on Saturday night! Today, I went back and actually bought a whole pizza pie for lunch and a snack tonight! Actually, I shared it with Joey.

We arrived home this afternoon to find all my flower beds weeded and beautiful flowers planted. The planters on the deck were also filled with fresh flowers. I called my sister in law Kim, who had offered to help, and she admitted to the back deck -- thank you Kim they are beautiful -- thanks Bob for helping. Now who did the front beds and the beautiful hangning baskets? Thank you, Thank you, Thank you -- whoever you are! Please tell me who you are. You saved us a lot of work and it is greatly appreciated.

You all have been such wonderful friends. I will never be able to repay your kindness, but know that my heart is overflowing with love and joy, because of you. I wish you all a happy Spring and a Happy Mother's Day.

We will be up at Penn State next weekend for Mike's graduation. See, the miracle is still working because a few months ago, I was not sure that I would be able to see Mike graduate.

Thank you for your prayers, I am sure that is what is keeping me healthy. And also, thank you for blogging and praying for our dear friends, Bob and Mo. He hopes to come home on Tuesday after 6 weeks in the hospital. Both he and Mo need a rest and as we all know, there is no place like home.

We will post again after we see Dr. Porter.

Love to all.

Debbie

13 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb,
i don't want you to think I have forgotten about you....between you and Bob...oh my! I hope you are feeling good and getting your strength back...as well as your hair. Sometimes i get so busy and involved with things here at home and work...but then i think of you and Bob. i am glad all is well with your new grandaughter and i hope Jess is feeling ok what with her own issues. Anytime you are around the hospital, let me know, as I'd love to say hi....or do we have to set up an office visit? Hang in there Deb, Our thoughts and prayers are with you
Rich Friedman

5/07/2006 11:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey DEb. i can gaurantee you it wasn't me who did the flowers.. but i wish i couldv'e for you..how nice was that!!
Glad you had fun at the beach.. been beautiful here also.. spent the day at the ballpark. from 7am -10:45 pm watching mark in a tournament, Patrick was off taking his SAT 2's yesterday,, then hanging out with his friends..
So happy to hear your going to get to go to Mikey's graduation..know that was on your "must do no matter what" list.. i have been hesitating to ask.. sounds like Dr. Mazzola is feeling better also. good to hear..
Well, keep continuing to get stronger.. give that body the much needed rest.. and chow down as much as you want( is't that a lovely statement).. i'll check in with you later.. love..mdf

5/07/2006 11:30 PM  
Blogger Kris McLay said...

Hello my Chizzie-

Wow - it sounds like you had a fantastic weekend at the beach. Good medicine indeed.

Then to come home and find that the 'garden gnomes' had been busy planting your deck and garden! What a nice thing to do! Great idea Kim and Bobby and UGO's (Unidentified Gardening Objects).

Reading all the good things you've been having makes me hungry. Especially that Mac and Manko's pizza. Yum.

The road map to chemo you have mapped is a perfectly sound and reasonable one - I'm sure Dr. Porter will agree....hah! Stick to your guns, Chizzie. You know how you feel and you have the power, babe.

Off to DC today. Don't know if I will be able to hook up with Krissy on her trip but we have a plan, and hopefully it will come together. Talked to her last night and she was so funny. "Aunt Kris! We saw some Muslim guys and took their picture!!!" Can you tell she's an Ohio farm girl? I can only imagine what those poor 'Muslim guys' must have thought.

Well,lovey. Best close for now. Off to pack and get ready. Will try and call when it gets a little later. Love you - K

5/08/2006 8:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie: So glad to hear you had a great weekend at the shore - it sure was great weather wise. Glad to hear you will be able to get up to Mike's graduation - and have the christening to look forward to - you will be quite busy. Just make sure you get some rest in between these busy weekends - don't get run down. Looks like you are on a good road to recovery now (will keep the prayers going) - Hope to see you soon. Love Shelly Geib

5/08/2006 11:27 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Deb and Joe;
I can just picture you guys at the beach Grinning (Did you ever see a jealous grin}. I'm glad you are feeling better. For what your eating I'm full already.
I thank your wonderful friends. and I am still praying. I'm also praying for you BOB God love you.
BIG HUGS
Your Aunt Angie

5/08/2006 3:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie:

Nothing like food at the shore. I see you must be feeling well as your appetite sounds like it is back to normal again. What is normal anyway?

Bee still talks about Kohrs Bros. custard as being his fav. Right now he is out like a light on the couch. I think it may be strep. When he got in my car after school he looked so flushed and he is full of congestion.

Mere and Colin are busy working on projects and finals.

Dave survived the bachelor party in Memphis this weekend. He admits he is too old for staying out till 3 am two nights in a row. Tequila is one stubborn cow. If she gets any wider I think she is going to pop. Thank God Dave was not an OB/GYN or we all would be in trouble.

Colin planted Nonnie's front bed this weekend. She was a happy camper.

So happy you got to spend the weekend at the shore. I bet Michael is so excited to be graduating this weekend. Can you believe it? Rest up so you can party in University Park!

Love to all...COD Eileen

5/08/2006 8:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

We all miss you

Tad Nowinski

5/08/2006 9:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Beth, is heritage towers the place in doylestown? if so, my mother used to live there and loved it.. and eileen. my 14 yo plays tournament baseball and seems to be in a tournament almost every weekend, and they played 4 games on sat... long day for everyone.. did alot of walking in between games, but i love to watch him play.. my 16 yo was off taking his sat 2,then making fun movies with his friends..
deb.. hope today was good again.. just a few more days till mikes graduation..yeah..amazing how fast it goes, like i said before , the last time i saw him he either had training wheels, or just had gotten them off..
keep getting back your strength deb.. ttyl..mdf

5/08/2006 10:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Debbie,
So glad you had a beautiful weekend at the shore. I believe the shore to be the most healing place on earth. So very happy that God has answered all the prayers for you, congrats on both Mike's graduation and the christianing. Enjoy your much needed break from chemo. You will surely be stronger for the next round.
God Bless you and yours.
Hope to see you soon.
Love,
Pam K.

5/09/2006 9:07 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deb:
Just checking in and so glad to hear that you enjoyed your weekend at the shore..sounded like fun. Be a proud Mom at your son's graduation and give those little grandbabies extra hugs and kisses.
Keeping you in my prayers.
Carolyn Stuart

5/09/2006 5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deb-
So glad to hear you had a good weekend at the shore. And how nice some nice person did your flower beds!!! Have a great time at PSU, congrats to Mike. Enjoy the christening also, I am sooo happy your well enough to attend all the special events happening in your life.
Life at MSC is very busy. Dr. D is back and Max will join us Thur. Now we just need you and Mo and things will be perfect!!!!! I miss you guys more then I can say, but you both need healing time- but we'll take you back when your ready. Take care, hope to see you soon.
Love, Holly

5/09/2006 9:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mrs. Teklits,

I was watching the news this morning , and its all over the news about these wild bears in residential areas... It made me laugh b/c it reminds me of that silly movie you watched! haha...
Well just wanted to leave a little note.. Hope your Dr appt. today goes well!!!
talk to you soon
<3 alli

5/10/2006 10:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,

Glad to hear that you are doing better from Bob's blog, also glad to hear that you made it to the shore last weekend. I'll have to fill you in on the Margarita Man. Have a great weekend at Mike's graduation. Way to go Mike. Nothing but good vibes for your meeting today. Stand your ground. Lot's of hugs going your way.
Love and prayers,
jean

5/10/2006 11:17 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home