Sunday, April 08, 2007

Happy Happy Easter !!

Hello Dear Friends and Family,

I hope this post finds you all well and keeping warm. What about this crazy weather? I think the high today is 45 degrees. Originally, we were all headed to the shore for the holiday. Jess and the kids were going to come early and the men folk were going to join us for the weekend. We had reservations with the Easter Bunny for breakfast and an Easter egg hunt on the beach and one at our house too. Then with the frigid temps we decided Jess would just come to Lansdale and we would do stuff here. Well Joe and Joey have been sick for a week now(Joey is on the mend, but Joe won't go to the drs.) and then this week i got a bad case of shingles. Silly me, I thought that i tore a muscle the pain in my leg was so bad, but then this little rash on my leg turned really mean and blistery so I headed to the Drs. and sure enough its shingles. YIKES!!!! This is the third time I have had shingles. You are only suppose to get them once like chicken pox, but because of my "weak immune system" the drs. said i can keep getting them. So I have been house bound and had fevers again since Tues. nite. SSSHHHEEESSS!!!! But as long as I am in my house and not at Penn its a good day rite? But needless to say Jess didn't want to take a chance of the kids getting chicken pox as Emma has not been vaccinated for that yet. I am very dissappointed. Every time we plan on getting together either her kids are sick or i'm sick. Well we have our big family vacation to Florida in a few weeks so lets all pray that we all stay healthy.
No Miss Janet we are still planning on having a cosmo party. I would never let you miss it. You will be the star entertainment. Cousin Eileen and family and sweet Aunt Angie, have a nice Easter despite the winter weather. I'm still planning on coming to the big shindig on July7th and hoping to bring some of Easton with me. We had such a great time when we all got together in Feb.Rosemarie just sent me the most wonderful knitted slippers in 5 differant colors. Her poor aching fingers.
Well I hope the Easter Bunny brings you all good things. God is good and I have just about all i could ask for this holiday. Family, good friends like you and I'm home.. So God bless all of you and your families and i will write again soon. Thank you for all the Easter cards and get well cards and blogs and calls.
Love Debbie

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Debbie and family, Happy Easter! I don't know why I just checked the BLOG - but there you are! Sorry to hear you have shingles and missed a family weekend! Keep looking forward to your trip!!!!! We had a nice breakfast with the boys this morning. Sierra wore a beautiful new dress - they grow up so quickly! Jen is glad she isn't here with this weather! Hope you feel better soon. Call if you need anything! Always prayers and love, trudy

4/08/2007 7:40 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
Happy Easter to you to. It was a good Easter to stay home, under the covers. I hope the Joes are feeling better. I know this was the first Easter that I wore my mink to church! We had a nice day despite the weather. This year we decided to go out for brunch. I usually have Easter but we are having new stairs put in and our hallway redone so the house is a little torn up. Plus last year I cooked and had all of Art's family and my own kids weren't even there. (Girlfriends and work) Adam , Jill and the baby came this year along with Art's family. So, back to the cold weather.I thought I would get a jump start on the yard this year so nothing will interfere with the shore(good luck) Well, it was snowing when the mulch came and all of my pots are now in the garage or covered up so they won't freeze. I hope they make it!. So you have shingles! I hate them. I had them two summers ago and thought I would lose my mind. I woke up one sunday morning in June thinking I had poison ivy , which I never had before. Someone said they thought I had shingles since the location was an odd place to have get poison ivy. The next night I felt like I was being stabbed. Of course I waited too long to go to the doctors to get anti viral medicine and the nerve damage was done. I still get random sharp pains there and even broke out a little last year again.
Fun,fun,fun! So, what's next on your agenda. I think you've had it all this year! Okay. Enough from "chatty cathy" Have a nice week, stay warm and before you know it you will be in Florida. Be glad it's not this week. My neice goes to Rollins near Orlando and she said it's freezing this week.
Take care,
Betty

4/09/2007 7:23 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well. that just plains sucks as my kids would say.. how long do they last? and,, its not a bad thing for kids to get chicken pox is it? Both of my boys had it... I guess you'll just need to become impulsive , and go places on a whim and pray and hope for the best! Too much planning lets "bugs"know it seems....
Tim and Patrick just came back from san luis obispo.. Patrick has decided to go to college at Cal Poly.. yeah.. he seems so relieved.. it is a fairly small college, 10 miles from the beach, nestled in the hills.. he will be there on a journalism major(he just needs to keep his grades up for more weeks)..
Mark, who is a freshmen, is playing on the varsity baseball team, was in the easter tournament with the high school and hit a homerun! Was so happy for him after all the work he;s put into it! So enough bragging here.....i'll bring it down a notch and let you know that i continue to get free registration offers from weight watchers, but for some reason, don't follow through! Denial? know i know its there.. just come on.. im 50 now!
well deb, hope the joes are better and the shingles are going away.. when the weather finally cooperates back east ,, then just take off to the shore.. lots of love.. mdf

4/12/2007 9:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home