Sunday, March 04, 2007

Blood Drive on March 31

Hello all,

Mom has been asking me to post the details on the upcoming blood drive in honor of her and our good friend Dr. Bob Mazzola, who also has AML. We are very excited about this opportunity to replenish some of the American Red Cross (ARC) supply for blood, which mom and Bob have relied so heavily on during recent times. I must note that the donations accepted at this drive are not specifically for Bob or mom, but will go towards the general blood suppy at ARC. I am plagiarizing here from our friend Bob's blog, where Mo has posted all the details. Mo and Bon, thanks for all your hard work to make this happen! (and thanks for allowing me to copy and paste the details to facilitate spreading the word!)

The blood drive will take place on Saturday, March 31st, at Bonnie Handerhan's home, which is on Tennis Circle in Lansdale. It is a hop, skip, and a jump away from the Teklits residence. There is a lower age restriction of 17 years. There is no upper age limit. Obviously there are other restrictions related to health and medications, dental work, tattoos, piercings etc. which are too long for me to list here. Anyone can call, blog or e-mail me with questions or you can call two Red Cross numbers...215-451-4363 or 1-800-give-life. The appointments will be every 15 minutes starting at 11am, so 11, 11:15, 11:30 etc. up till 4:45pm. We can fit up to 4 people in each time slot. You can call, blog or e-mail Mo Mazzola. Her home phone is 215-855-9246 and e-mail address is mobobmaz@msn.com. She can forward them to Bonnie or you can phone her directly at 215-872-6861. Again, if you have any questions regarding eligibility, you can call 1-800-give-life or 215-451-4363 and an ARC rep will answer your questions. Thanks to all who are considering donating. It means so much to us!

Mom is recovering slowly from her surgery last week. It was not quite the walk in the park that Mom anticipated. She is still having fevers every day but has gone several days without needing any pain medication. She believes she has turned the corner. Now if we can only get these fevers to go away...

Hope all is well with everyone.

11 Comments:

Blogger annapolisirish said...

Dear Jessie,
Good to hear your "voice" again... boy it's frustrating that your Mom has the fevers... I'm sending lots of love, prayers and thoughts your way. I'm not sure I can make the blood drive.. I must check the latest rules on travel and forigeners like myself !(sometimes I qualify sometimes I dont!)...

Great work Mo & co....

3/06/2007 12:04 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Debbie:

I figured you were experiencing a few bumps since there were no updates.

Hang in there. You will get past this. March 31 is the day Mere returns from Honduras. But her Student Council is doing a blood drive on March 13th. She will keep you in mind throughout the day...as well as Dr. Bob!

Love to all...COD Eileen

3/07/2007 12:00 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Debbie!
Hang in there. Even though you only have a little laporascopic hole, remember they removed an entire organ!! It takes time to recover.

I had mine out 7 years ago and needed a round of antibiotics, because I got fevers and an infection. Talk to your Dr. about it.

I remember how my surgeon said he had patients that ran marathons and ate pizza the day after surgery.....he must have been telling a lie, I was lucky I could walk, it hurt like the dickens!

Keeping you in our prayers!
Love,
Cindy

3/07/2007 8:53 AM  
Blogger Kris McLay said...

Hey FOD's -it's me.

I visited our Debbie this week.

You're right she is still having a tough slog of it and is in considerable pain. Like when you get pneumonia pain...that kind of pain. She KNEW something wasn't right. As usual, the Docs are right on top of it, right Chiz? (Chizzie if you are reading this I know you are smiling...)

We spoke last night though and she sounded much improved. So improved, she is looking forward to driving me to my very first colonoscopy on Tuesday. (Thinking of you Allison!)

Wish us well on that one! Hah.

For those so inclined, here's the daily word.... Happy Sunday to all.


Today's Daily Word - Sunday, March 11, 2007
Aware

Divine purpose and timing are unfolding opportunities of good in my life.

In my prayers to God, I may have asked for something such as patience and then added, “I need it right now.”

I may be so aware of what seems out of order in my life that I am unaware of the divine order that is present and even more that is unfolding.

In awareness of God and the goodness of God that is always present, I live my life with positive expectation. Such expectation is like a magnet that draws good to me and fills my prayers with thanksgiving.

I give thanks to God for the divine purpose and timing that together weave a golden thread of opportunity throughout my life.

There is an answer to every prayer.

With this awareness, I accept and give thanks for the abundant good that is mine to claim and to share with others.

“I will give you shepherds after my own heart, who will feed you with knowledge and understanding.”—Jeremiah 3:15

3/11/2007 9:30 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie:
great to hear your surgery went well and they could get to the gall bladder the easy way. Hope you are home by now and getting stronger every day. I am not allowed to give blood due to a virus in my blood - wish I could help out. If I can be of any further help, let me know. Again, glad to hear you are okay. Love Shelly

3/16/2007 7:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb, checking in,, how have you been, if the gallbladder aftermath getting better now? we had a busy week,, mark was in the hospital all week with cellulitis!~ maybe bit by a brown recluse spider? possibly itched it with his cleats? anyways,, it was not fun for him, kept thinking about you in the hospital so long.. get this.. he's on semi isolation.. and they don't clean his room for almost 5 days! what the hell is going on in hospitals now adays? he got home sat afternoon, and by 10am sunday had hit 2 bucket of baseballs in the cage! he seems better.. Patrick has been busy all week with track meets, and having fun filming something for a film production at the local theater... so, that was our week, but it made me think alot about you.. hope you're doing better..love,mdf

3/19/2007 10:56 AM  
Blogger annapolisirish said...

Hi Debbie,
Just a note to say hello and let you know I still "visit" regularly.. thinking of you and hoping you are doing really well.

Lots of love

visitor Alison.

3/22/2007 2:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Deb, Wishing you a very Happy Birthday. I hope you get to spend it with all of your most favorite people.
Love, hugs, and prayers as always
jean

3/23/2007 10:13 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie;
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday to you
Happy Birthday Dear Debbie
Happy Birthday to you.
I hope you had a big cake
Miss you I love you
BIG HUGS
Your Aunt Angie

3/24/2007 10:02 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie,
How are you feeling? I hope you've had a successful and uneventful recovery. Art's heading to the shore this weekend. I will be working so I won't be joining him. Summer's right around the corner though. I just went outside to work in the yard but decided it was still too cold. They are calling for a nice warm day tomorrow so I think I'll put it off until then. My grandson is getting "sooo big!" He's 7 months old now and is 29 in. and 24 lbs. He got his first tooth last week and is standing in his crib. He's so much fun. Needless to say I will have lots of pictures to show you on the beach. It will be nice to see Jesse and the kids this summer too. I hope you're up for the beach this summer. I look forward to your next post. I think about you often. Take care of yourself.
Love,
Betty

3/26/2007 10:45 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

..apparently i chose not to wish you a happy birthday on the designated day, even though i did remember it on that day.. so, happy late birthday and i hope it was a great one..it was so nice to hear your voice on friday even though i was rushing out the door to school.. want to catch up some more and between your fast talking and mine i think we could accomplish it with a quick 10 min phone call, so i'll keep trying.. prayers are continuing...love, mdf ps. how are the joes and mikes in your life doing?

3/26/2007 8:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home