Friday, January 05, 2007

2007 HERE I COME!!!

Dear Fods,

This post is loooong overdue. I am very thankful for all of your continue blogging notwithstanding my absence from the internet. This is getting done, at all, because Joe is typing for me and several friends have been calling the house to see if I am still alive. I am alive and doing fairly well.

I have been sick since Thanksgiving with a cold, then bronchitis, then sinusitis. Most recently, abdominal pain, fevers and nausea. But besides that, I am fine.

With much help from the family, I did get some shopping done (gross understatement!! Joe comment) mostly catalogues and gift cards. Joe put both trees up and the outside decorations and Joey helped me with part of the famous Santa collection. It was nice to see the house decorated again after missing the last Christmas Season. I tried to enjoy every moment of preparation, but like all of you, it is sooo tiring. Joe and I even baked cookies together and I ate most of them. In between the bouts of nausea, the cookies went down just fine!

I saw lots of Doctors over the Holiday season and had many tests, culminating in a 9 hour stay at the HUP ER on the Thursday after Christmas because of the abdominal pain. I started to feel ill on Christman Eve, but refused to call the Doctors and be at HUP for another Christmas. Against Joe's advice, we went down to Jester, Walid and the kids on the day after Christmas. The babies are just glorious and have changed soo much since Thanksgiving. (Even though I have the same cold they left with us from Thanksgiving!) Emma is crawling all over the place and walks around furniture, putting up all the while with C's abuse. C is talking up a storm and says the cutest things. He loves mom mom and pop pop, even jumping into my lap when he gets into trouble with J and W. Most of his toys are continuously cycled in and out of "time out" on the kitchen counter but he patiently waits for them to be released from their maternal bondage. Just too cute! I enjoyed reading to them both and taking a nap each day with C. There is nothing like seeing him when he first wakes up.

Unfortunately, I was not feeling well. We stayed at a nearby hotel because of my cold and Joe's sanity. (Joe is embellishing here) The first night I had an abdominal attack and Joe went out at 2:00 am to find some maalox -- of course, I left all of my meds in Lansdale. Down 26 floors to the garage and then prowling the streets of Alexandria looking for something that was open -- what a guy. Thank God he did not just use the pillow! The next night, the pain got worse with fevers, chills and vomiting. The next morning, I knew we had to get to HUP. We said our goodbyes, lots of tears and headed to HUP. After a couple of liters of IV fluids and some splendid drugs, I felt better and went home @ 11:30 PM. They took a CAT scan and lots of blood tests. Now more tests to follow.

We saw Oz on this past Tuesday and he believes that at this time there is NO luekemia in my blood (BMB next visit), but now thinks I need my gall baldder out. YIKEES! My platelets are still low and WBC actually went down, but he feels it would be safer to take it out now rather than have it act up again when I have no WBC or platelets.

Starting to see doctors on Monday to determine what to do next and I will keep you posted -- or someone in this house might.

To the Wiley's. Congratulations on Nicole and Mike's engagement. What fun to plan another wedding. See you on the 13th!

To Wyatt. Sounds like you had a great Christmas. My boys are very jealous over your signed football -- perhaps you would like to trade it for a Joe Montana signature??? (just kidding)

To Beach Betty. Congratulations on your beautiful grandson. I saw his picture and he is stunning. I bet you looked great going to your black tie event.

To Visitor Allison. Thank you for the song and the poem. Did you write the poem. It was wonderful and thanks for keeping the picture on your fridge. I feel honored.

To Colin. How can you be driving already. Does this mean you are now out of the pick up sticks competitions at the shore?

To Aunt Angie. I love you too. All the Fod's and Cod's love you too. (Actually Cod's are a bit too related to be objective in their analysis, but we will count them anyway). One day at a time in your next challenge. I will be thinking of you every minute and sending you strength and prayers, as you did for me.

To Pam K. Congratulations on your beautiful new granddaughter -- born on Christmas day.

I hope everyone has a healthy, happy and joy filled New Year surrounded by family and friends who love you. Your continued support inspires me every day.

Love to all,

Debbie

16 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

well, so good to hear from you, and besides the stomach problems, it sounds good, but now let me tell you. i've had my gallbladder taken out.. one of the best moves.. that pain before is awful, but once it's gone, you can bring on all the spicy food you want without any problem (at least i could, and have),, so, i hope someone keeps us posted on that event..
so glad you got to see your grandkids and be home for christmas, i bet your house looked beautiful, ours did outside, but due to the now 85lb puppy, it didn't inside..
stay strong,, the prayers never stop! lots of love,,mdf

1/05/2007 8:44 PM  
Blogger annapolisirish said...

Dear Debbie,
Lovely to hear from you again.. thanks Joe for the typing duties! Sorry to hear of all your bouts.. will you ever get a break... might need to notch up the conference call to heaven again. I'm glad you liked the poem, yes I wrote it.. it's easy to write poems when inspired by wonderful people like you and the FOD's and CODs...lots of prayers and cyberspace hugs going your way... love visitor alison

1/06/2007 8:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb,
So glad to see a new post and things are getting better, even if it's slower than you or any of use want.
Christmas in Florida, what can I say. 80 degrees shorts & T-shirts. My mom turned 80 on the 24th, me and my bro's and sisters threw her a big party.
Was nice to be remembered by so many people and remembered in a good way. Especially struggling alone down here with two teenagers, which by the way could be a blog all by its self.
Still working on getting all my old pixs scanned and on a photo page to put them on. I sent Eileen a new picture of me and the kids. Bug her for it. Got a new email.
RCalderaro@cfl.rr.com.
Your and Joe are still in my prayers and my bands prayers. (We can't ever forget Joe & what he does now, can we?)
Don't wait so long to post next time.
Love to All
Bob

1/06/2007 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Deb,
Great to hear from you. Sorry to hear about the gall bladder but you've probably known for a while that you would need o get it out. Glad to hear about the Leukemia. Let's keep it that way. Summer's right around the corner. Hopefully I will spend most of the summer in OC this year. Art just informed me we may be living there all summer since he will be working in that area. Talk to you soon.
Betty

1/06/2007 5:14 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Debbie, So glad to read the BLOG!!! You all have had quite a holiday!!! But you were able to be with the family on Christmas and that is special....please post pictures! We have a new digital camera from the kids so when I figure it out, I will send photos. Always my prayers and love, trudy

1/06/2007 7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh deb...i read your words over and over again..its been so long!!!!!!!! it sounds like you are so enjoying life...like we all should...keep up the good spirits.love you, bren

1/06/2007 9:31 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Halleluah! Happy...Happy...Happy!

The wise and powerful Oz has spoken!

We missed you! So glad to have an update though we spoke before Christmas.

Everyone is doing fine here. Mere has worked like crazy this past week...thank heavens school is back in session. Colin is laying low...though he has that license. Brendan played in a bball tourney this weekend. They placed third. He is actually not doing so badly. Today he had 10 points. Aunt Angie spent some time in the bleachers over the past two days. She loves to watch basketball. And man can she referee!

I have gone back to work and am working on the phonathon phase of my job...YUK! It is actually in March but with Auction prep going on, I have to pace myself on all the details.

Dave is well. On Call this weekend. Though we have had a mild winter he is ready for spring and more time out with the farm animals.

Gall bladder surgery. That would have to be a walk in the park compared to what you have dealt with.

So happy you guys blogged. Stay well! LUV...COD Eileen

1/07/2007 12:04 AM  
Blogger Kris McLay said...

Yaaay! So glad you blogged! You are amazing, my friend and I hope to see you soon.

Best wishes to the Teklits clan-

Love to all FOD's, COD's and ROD's.

Good riddance to bad gall bladders!

1/07/2007 6:57 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Deb, Joe, and family,

Happy New Year. Glad to hear about your days. Sorry to hear you have to have your gall bladder out, but maybe it will turn out for the best and you will feel 100%again. I sent an email, but not sure if you get them or not, but Jeff is coming on the 19th. If you have anything for him let me know and I will pick it up. Take care. As always you and your family remain in my prayers.
love, hugs, and prayers,
jean

1/08/2007 5:34 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dearest Deb, I just got in from CCD. This is the smallest class I have had in 7 years. You would think it would be my easiest. Think again. My frustration and shock of the disrespect just grows and grows. However, tonight there was a glimmer or hope. A small little flick, curtesy of the Holy Spirit, I am sure, when, the bad boy, the baddest of the bad, asked how my friend the nurse was doing. He asked if we still need to pray for you. I was so excited !!! Yes, of course we need to pray for you. Keep your numbers in check, and get you through an up-coming surgical intervention.(?) I tell you, it was Devine Intervention tonight at St. Maria Goretti's. May the process continue, and may you get through the next couple weeks with out too much trouble. With prayers, from Tuesday night Sixth grade PREP children and the instructor. Ruthie

1/09/2007 8:43 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie, It was so good to read your blog and get an update. Good news about no leukemia! Praying that the biopsy confirms that. Sorry you have to have another one.
Hope the gall bladder is one of those laproscopic operations. Kathy and I are hoping you can join us for lunch at Cheesecake on the 20th.
I'm starting to taper off the prednesone, my rash has finally diminished. Both Dr. Luger and the Seattle doctors were quite happy I had GVHD; so if they're happy, I'm happy. In the meantime, all these steriods (I also go to HUP for IV Zenepak) give me lots of energy and a big fat red face :>)
Love and Prayers, Linda M

1/10/2007 7:47 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So good to hear from you, I was beginning to worry a little. Rose and I can simpithize alittle with your tummy problems, I've been down for a week with a stomache virus and she now has it as well. Sorry to hear about your gall bladder, sounds as if the Doc's have a good plan. Hope it goes easy for you, you deserve a little easy in your life. So happy to hear you had a good Christmas visit with your grandkids, sorry you had to leave to go to Hup.
We are in true bliss here with Jordyn. She is perfect! Jeff and Missy are doing great, they're pro's!
Ihope all goes well for you, stay strong and focused. Our prayers are with you as always. You are an amazing woman! An amazing family!
Love,
Pam K

1/10/2007 1:54 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow - finally some word on how you are doing. Was just thinking about you tonight and was wondering how your holidays were. Glad you were able to spend whatever time you could with the grandkids - and you were able to decorate the house and enjoy it this year. Glad to hear about the lukemia and your counts, but sorry to hear about the gall bladder - hopefully that won't be too hard on you and will help with the stomach problems.
We had a great christmas - it was great having my Ali home for a month - but now she goes back until March -just when you get used to them being home - they go back to school. Very busy at work and finishing my studies at Gwynedd - graduation day is May 12th - I can't wait.

Oh, well, enough with me and my family- keep up the good work and we'll keep the prayers coming. Think of you alot. Love Shelly Geib

1/11/2007 10:36 PM  
Blogger annapolisirish said...

Hello Debbie & FODs et al,

Thinking of you as always and hopping the gall bladder is out of there and you are feeling great.

FOD's et al....DO YOU WANT TO COME TO IRELAND WITH ME?... I know we jested about the idea, and I brought you their through cyberspace. However I really am bringing a tour of just 24 people this August. If you are interested in joining me please check out

www.akellyassociates.com

and click on the tab about Ireland. Debbie, I'm sure this year you just want to relax at the beach but maybe next year for you!

Any questions my e-mail is

alisonireland@aol.com

lots of love as always visitor alison

1/14/2007 8:40 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Deb, Joe and Family;
I've been thinking about you all. It's good you had Christmas with your family.
We had an ice storm Friday nite,and another ice storm Saturday nite and lost electric
power at 10:00 pm. I went to bed and thank God the electricity came back on at 9:oo am.Sunday morning.
Wow it was scarry.
Jessie sent me new pictures of your Grandchildren, I can't get over how big they are already and adodrable.
Take care and eat, Thata nice.
Lotsa of Love going your way.
BIG HUGS
Your Aunt Angie

1/14/2007 2:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Debbie:

Ready to hit the sack and wanted to post. Lots of action here in Missouri. Between the ice storm and the recovery of the missing boys...right here in my county...it has been quite a weekend. Thank heavens they were both found alive.

I have been doing some work at home and have just thrown in the towel and my printer is making me crazy! Poor Mere is helping and begged to head to bed at 12:30. So now...I am right behind her.

Hope you are doing well. Dave, Bee and I are headed on another re-insurance boonedoggle this Thursday...to the Bahamas this time. Since it's Brendan's birthday(Debbie he is 14! YIKES!), he is going with us. You know how much he likes the beach. He is already wondering if they will have skim boards.

I better sign off...will type more later.

Love COD Eileen

1/15/2007 1:52 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home