Monday, December 12, 2005

Day 8

Two major milestones happened today -- Deb's chemotherapy ended and she lost her hair! She is fine with accomplishing both objectives and is looking forward to the next milestone -- the day 14 bone marrow biopsy.

Deb's charge nurse (Patty) promised to help Deb shed her locks before she went for her skiing vacation in Utah. Tonight Deb's head would shine with any new boot camp recruit -- her head feels like a 3 day growth of beard! This way is much more hygenic and efficient than having it drop out over the next few weeks in her bed and food. I think what bothers Deb the most is that when scrubbed to the nub, her brown locks aren't so brown anymore. Sort of like my "blonde" hair. Now I am not sure who is more grey.

Deb has quite a rash growing. Now she knows what her penicillin allergy is!! It goes from her ears to her ankles and itches like crazy. They are giving her medicine for the itching, which also makes her sleepy.

When I arrived today at about 3, Sue Schneider was visiting with Debbie and they had a nice afternoon. While they were visiting, I went to my office (family center) and got some things done that are due tomorrow. When I returned, Sue was leaving and the benedryl was kicking in. Deb fell fast asleep for about 2 hours and rested well.

Just as I was leaving, Denny and Zeke stopped by on their way home from the shore. On my way home, Cathy Goodyear and Jim were on the way down before Jim leaves for China tomorrow. Deb had a full day and will sleep well tonight.

Thanks for all of the meals -- Mo, Mary, Cathy and Pat -- we are freezing some of them for when the eating machine comes home from Penn State on Friday night.

Deb sends her love to all and thanks for the support.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Joe and Deb:
Love Ya and think about you.
I finally got out today.Yahoo I went to the senior center saw my friends an had a great lunch.
I know you are hanging in there.
I am praying to St Anthony this week. Love you Big Hugs.
Aunt Angie

12/13/2005 2:21 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home