Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Day 10

Hopefully, you have all seen the special post of the day today. Even a "blogmaster" could not navigate the HUP network and we had to post this as a comment. But once you have experienced their food, no wonder anything works!! Jester should be moving this comment over to a post shortly.

Today was our "vacation" day so I was able to arrive at about 10:45. Deb was not in her room and the nurse said that she went shopping! That meant that she was in the lobby at a HUP sponsored book / Christmas sale. I went back downstairs and found Deb strolling down the aisles with her gloves, mask, robe and new "outside" hat, i. e., oversized, pleated, cotton, khaki sailor cap, buying stuff for Christian just like we were in the local mall. Can you imagine!

We slowly made our way back up to her room, and I say slowly only because Deb found another store to check out, without telling me -- and I thought she had gone back to the room! On my third trip of back, forth, up, down, she finally waived from the store window, like the last 10 minutes of panic didn't need to happen. Some things never change.

Deb loved the beef stew today and this was the most that she has eaten since she entered HUP. We will not talk about the "tray food" today to avoid a defamamtion claim. It is astounding to me what they will serve to people.

As you may have seen from Deb's post, her counts are way down and she needed 2 units of blood today. He BP was also way down which cause some concern and a couple of scary calls. On our last call, the BP was rising and she was feeling better. NOTE: NO VISITOR RULE IS STILL IN EFFECT !! This is a double, triple, triple exclamation point with her counts being down. This is a very critical time.

Deb's rash has now matured into KuiKway proportions (Melville's whaling friend). She is scratching like Simmie in the summer. Hopefully, this will be gone in a day or two.

Finally, Deb's irregularity will likely be cured by the super-guaranteed not to stop / never fails Montezuma revenge potion they have prepared for her. Her X-ray showed no blockages which is very good, but means she gets the potion. Hopefully, it will do its job.


Deb sends her love to all.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Joe,
We read your posting & enjoyed reading every paragraph, particularly where Debby lost you as she ducked into another store while you went back to her room. Reading everyone's comment about hospital food has convinced us that it must be every bit as bad as it has been described. Your Joey's comments about a soup smelling like it was insulation is as good a descriptor as it can be penned! Poor "Simmie pup", the only time it is mentioned & it gets denigrated as a "flea bag" in it's hour of glory. I've been surprised beyond description as to the number of emails / phone calls requesting the blog site URL; Debby's postings & your writings with their "witicisms" make for a very pleasant read. Jessie's been a great "blogmaster", & her conceiving of the concept is a tribute to creativity & capability. You've been doing just great in these difficult times, & we're proud of every one of you,
mom & dad

12/15/2005 1:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Its me Aunt Angie
Thanks mo and Bob a very nice complement.
Deb I went to the Senior center today,they had their



Hi it's me Aunt Angie

Thanks Mo and Bob a very nice compliment.
I went to the Senior Center today, they had their Christmas Party. Over 100 attended and had a great lunch . They had a one woman band and her husband 82yrs old sings and dances. She is 81 yrs old ,beautiful people. This time I didn't line dance, but I had a wonderful social visit .
Santa gave out chocolates to all.I hope I'm not boring you .I love you . And wondering what the heck your doing in the lobby. I'm Joshing. Eat some of that Chicken soup. Big Hugs with lots of love.
Your Aunt Angie

12/15/2005 4:25 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Its me Aunt Angie
Thanks mo and Bob a very nice complement.
Deb I went to the Senior center today,they had their



Hi it's me Aunt Angie

Thanks Mo and Bob a very nice compliment.
I went to the Senior Center today, they had their Christmas Party. Over 100 attended and had a great lunch . They had a one woman band and her husband 82yrs old sings and dances. She is 81 yrs old ,beautiful people. This time I didn't line dance, but I had a wonderful social visit .
Santa gave out chocolates to all.I hope I'm not boring you .I love you . And wondering what the heck your doing in the lobby. I'm Joshing. Eat some of that Chicken soup. Big Hugs with lots of love.
Your Aunt Angie

12/15/2005 4:25 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home