Wednesday, April 18, 2007

Glad to be Home

Hello everyone,

Well i got discharged to home midafternoon yesterday. Grandview is a wonderful hospital and the nurses and Drs. were all very nice but as i always say there is no place like home. The shingles are slowly getting better. The IV drugs were much more efficient than the oral meds but unfortunately really lowered my blood counts. I almost didn't get home yesterday because my white count dipped down to 1.4. YIKES !!! So took extra doses of (gees how did the text change? I didn't do anything) neupogen to build up the white count and hopefully this will do the trick. If not our much anticipated trip to Florida will be cancelled because i will be at high risk for an infection. As most of you know I am pretty daring, but I don't want to end up in the hospital in Florida. I am desperate to see the babies (Emma started to walk yesterday) and want us all to be together, so... I see Dr. Porter down at Penn tomorrow for labs and he will have the final say.
I hope you are all well and survived this weekends weather. Poor Grandview is under construction and they had terrible problems with a leaky roof. I had my room changed 5 times in 5 days (twice in 1 day). I felt bad for the nurses playing musical beds. Anyway spring is around the corner. This weekend is supposed to be beautiful. Iwill keep you posted. Thanks for all the continued support and prayers.
Love Debbie

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

okay, im crossing everything, and praying the extra doses of neutogen worked.... i think the florida sun would probably be as medicating anything else though, if not more! Praying and hoping for warm sand between your toes (and on your towels, in your sodas, on your bread, in the crackers, stuck to the sun tan lotion bottle..etc.etc) ;; love, mdf

4/18/2007 11:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

HI! What a time you have had....Hope you can get on that flight and can enjoy a great family vacation! Everyone I see asks about you...at tennis, BINGO, bank, etc. We are all praying for your good health. Love, trudy

4/19/2007 9:39 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Deb,
It was sooooo good to see you at the blood drive a few weeks ago. Danielle said, "it looked like you had a good time there". I said I really did because I got to see so many people that I never get to see. Was happy to finally meet Kris too. Thanks to Bonnie for being such a great hostess and keeping an eye on Dani for me. I do wish I had been there for the after party...missed seeing Bob, etc.
You looked absolutely wonderful. I'm so sorry about your recent admission to GVH...glad they were good to you though. Now get packing, and get outta dodge, before you catch something else!!!!
Looking forward to hearing about your trip and catching up with you when you get back.
My neighbor is going in on Monday to prepare for a stem cell transplant(his own). He has Lymphoma and Dr. Porter is his physician as well. I'll let you know how that goes.
Have a fabulous trip. Relax and enjoy those beautiful grandkids!!
Love, Kim

4/19/2007 5:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi,
I hope everything works out alright and you can go on vacation. Good luck at the doctors.

4/19/2007 8:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Deb,
It's been awhile since we spoke and I completely missed the blood drive. Crap!
I called today to see how you were doing and then jumped on the blog to get the scoop.
Yahoo! Remission - that is fabulous! I'm sorry that you had to spend some time in the hospital but hopefully you'll be able to make that trip to Florida. Got my fingers and toes crossed!
The Easter photos from Jess are terrific - how can they be that big already! Whenever you want to take a little walk call me. The kids will be returning home soon. Megan is in England getting a taste of socialized medicine and London and Scotland and hopefully Paris. What Jet-setters our kids are these days! I cannot wait to count the passport stampings when she gets home. Sarah's got a few more weeks and she cannot wait to get home. David will be staying in DC for the summer but he has consented to come home for a little while. One year down, two to go!
I miss you and would love it sit and chat when you feel up to it. Call me! Enjoy sunny Florida!
Hugs and kisses,
Susan
Susan

4/20/2007 4:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Debbie,
Tried at least twice to blog and her goes another try.

Glad you are home and continuing to recover from shingles. What a terrible disease.

Know you will be able to travel. You will have a great time with everyone. Nightly talks with the One upstairs will get you there.

We are all well. Greg and I weeded the flower beds all around the pool yesterday and today did the Lowes trip. The pool is being resurfaced so it will be ready when summer comes. You better make it here this summer!

Counting the days until the end of the school year-June 19th.

Take care and continue to heal.

Love, hugs and kisses,
Beth

4/22/2007 6:03 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Great that you are home again. Hopefully you were able to enjoy the beautiful weather this weekend. Hope the shingles are getting better and you are on the med again. It is almost summer time and then it is the shore time - which I know you totally enjoy. Again, great to hear you are doing better. Love Shelly

4/23/2007 12:27 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie:

I have been having trouble with this blog thing but I have figured it out now. Glad to hear that you are home. Praying that you get to keep you vacation plans. Always thinking of you. Lots of love, Big Hugs

Your Aunt Angie

4/23/2007 12:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home