Friday, August 11, 2006

Waiting...

Hi everybody,

I hear it's a beautiful day outside, the nicest day of the summer. I hope you are all enjoying it. Not too much sleep last night since they increased my IV fluids to 225/hr. Needless to say I was in the bathroom every 45 minutes. For my nurse friends, the IV now has NA, BiCarb, and K+ - don't know what that's all about but I'm assuming there is a little PH inbalance and electrolytes needed for this procedure. Otherwise I feel fine, no fevers or hives. I was a little nervous last night but I'm OK today. Jessie is here typing this for me. They did let me know that the transplant won't happen until 330 - and that's on HUP time...so who knows?!?

The nurses are very nice and lots of doctors have stopped in. I have the sweetest intern ever named Scott who is this old fashioned mid-Western farm boy turned doctor. He was on call last night and he told me he stayed up counting the stem cells and telling EACH one to head right to the marrow and that no detours were permitted. He's just precious. I think he looks at me like his mom. When did I become so old???

Suzanne, it was great to hear from you - buying and selling what? Did you buy a new house?

Jessie will post later to let you know how I've done. I didn't want you all to worry. No news is good news.

More later.

Love,

Debbie

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Debbie!

Mr. Derek here...I just wanted to wish you luck and let you know I'm thinking of you...Sorry I didnt get to stop by before you left..Mikey's been keeping me updated though and I'm glad to hear that you're feeling a lot better today...And yes it is a glorious day out there, but dont feel too bad cause I'll be inside all weekend too studying for one of my exams for work...You hold onto that farm-boy-turned-doctor of yours...he sounds like a peachy young fellow...

Well, its back to work now...Take care Debbie...

Love,
Mr. D.

8/11/2006 12:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

debbie: today, we ordered the bathroom; mo wishes you were here to help. i thought she did a great job. bo prices yet. i think the doors will be done first. didyou start the stem cell transfusions. how many will you get? we think about often and you are in our prayers.love bob

8/11/2006 12:33 PM  
Blogger Kris McLay said...

Hello Chizling-

Checking in to see how you are doing! So sorry to hear your were burning the midnight lavatory oil. Hope this finds you suitably medicated and snoozing until your "fashionably late" stem cells arrive. Good thing Jessie girl is there with you to help pass the time. (Hi Jess!)

I sure hope someone remembers your birthday cake. Perhaps Dr. Scott can jump out of it????

Have been thinking, thinking, thinking of you all morning and will continue to do so as I do my chores this afternoon.

Love you - Kris

P.S. FOD's - I'm here to tell you Doctor Scottie's a hottie and I'm not buying that "He looks at me like his mom" business for one minute! Just sayin' :^)

8/11/2006 1:22 PM  
Blogger Kris McLay said...

Forgot to add that this cracked me up yesterday.

p.s. remember, you are a Teklits and that means something damn it.

Love you guys!

8/11/2006 1:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Deb and Joe;
I will go along with all your FOD's and wish the best with your stem cells. You know we are all
praying for you.
Love you all dearly,
BIG HUGS
Your Aunt Angie

8/11/2006 3:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home