Saturday, April 08, 2006

Just tired, tired...Special guest posting from Debbie

Hey FODs,

What a loyal group you are! Not a peep from me in over a week and you still write. I love you guys. I was unable to go to Virginia to visit Jess and family because my counts are very slow to recover this time. I'm feeling the effects - sorry to complain - I'm just tired. I needed blood again last week and Mo was so kind to take me since Bob is there at HUP going through a similar scenario. My thoughts are with them both constantly but Bob is doing very well so far. He even likes the HUP food!

As far as the counts go, everyone seems to think my bone marrow is just getting tired and we're not sure what to do with the next round of chemo. We see Dr. Porter on Monday for a 'chat.' I'm hoping to get this last consolidation round in ASAP so I can recover in time for Michael's graduation from PSU on May 6. Dr. Porter told me he can't make any promises. Everything depends on my counts, but this last round was much slower than before so I'm a little nervous. He will not do consolidation this week unless my platelets are 100,000 so we shall see.

I'm still trying to be as active as I can but I do need to take a nap everyday and hate to surrender to that. I miss my social life but I'm still really thrilled to be home while I recover rather than being in the hospital.

So Jess and Walid decided to come up here for a quick surprise visit since we're not sure what next week holds. I may be back in the hospital over Easter. We hope to have all these answers on Monday. The babies are the best medicine ever. Emma is just too cute, eats and sleeps and is very easy. She is still so tiny. I guess since Jessie wasn't due until March 30, Emma is really only a week old at this point. Christian is precious also, even when he's screaming to get his own way. He is talking much more and of course will repeat whatever you say. His appetite is better and we love playing games together. Jessie and Walid are tired and still can't believe they have two kids.

The boys are good. Joey is in NY with Allison this weekend and Mike is gearing up for finals and graduation. Mike got a job as a chemist and starts after Memorial Day. Good for him!

I am still getting many cards each day in the mail and am overwhelmed by your continued attention and support. Thank you thank you!

We will post again on Monday and let you know what Dr. Porter decides. Love to you all.

Debbie

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Can this be that I will post first again. Dave and I are home from the state convention. Yeah!

Mere made it through the ACT this morning. She said....I'm not going to lie it was hard. Especially the math. That might be one of her stronger subjects but the consenus after the test it was the hardest section. Guess we'll see.

We will register for June 8th as it looks like first time jitters may subside for the next one.

The boys are fishing. Mom will be thrilled to hear that there is something new to read on the blog. We both race to check and call each other when there is news.

So glad to hear that you still got your visit in but really want to hear more on Monday about your progress. I hate to bother you when you are feeling so tired.

I'll be checking on Monday to hear the latest. Rest Up! Love to all. COD Eileen

4/08/2006 7:22 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Deb,

I was so glad to hear that the kids were able to make it to you since you could not make it down to them. You are always in my thoughts and prayers everyday. Mom sends her well wishes. Will check in on Monday to see what comes from your visit to Dr. Porter. Take care.

Love and hugs,
jean

4/09/2006 8:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Deb and Joe;
I've been waiting to hear from you, yeah i bet you are tired. But you don't give up . you nap as long as you want you deserve it. I just wanted to hear from you. I love you all, I'm praying for you and i miss you.
BIGHUGS
Your Aunt Angie

4/09/2006 8:29 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb,
I am sure you are exhausted. But even the tone of your email perks up at the mention of children and grandchildren. It really keeps life exciting. My kids ask all the time how you are doing. You are in all our prayers. Take care.
Kathy Gaffney

4/10/2006 10:51 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb,
I am sure you are exhausted. But even the tone of your email perks up at the mention of children and grandchildren. It really keeps life exciting. My kids ask all the time how you are doing. You are in all our prayers. Take care.
Love and prayers,
Kathy Gaffney

4/10/2006 10:52 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, im going from one blog to another!! Deb,, you should be at the hospital now for your "chat" as you put it..hoping it's all good news. I'll check tonight .. if being tired is the worst right now, then take those naps..you'll get your stamina back up soon, by then you can nap on the beach! Glad you saw your cute grandbabies.. they sound pretty special.. take care deb. i'll see how your doing tonight..love ya..mdf

4/10/2006 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Man, im going from one blog to another!! Deb,, you should be at the hospital now for your "chat" as you put it..hoping it's all good news. I'll check tonight .. if being tired is the worst right now, then take those naps..you'll get your stamina back up soon, by then you can nap on the beach! Glad you saw your cute grandbabies.. they sound pretty special.. take care deb. i'll see how your doing tonight..love ya..mdf

4/10/2006 1:01 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie:
Try to get on every day or two to see how you are. Keep your chin up - things will get better, and I am sure you will be able to make it to Mike's graduation. We will just keep those prayers coming. glad you were able to see your two little ones, what joy they must bring. Keep those spirits up. You can do it kid. Love Shelly Geib

4/10/2006 3:10 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home