Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Jeff Update

Dear FOD's

Your continued support is heartening and we cannot wait for the FOD mania party that we will throw after we have gotten through this ordeal. We did not get admitted into Jeff this week ostensibly because the unit was full as of last Friday. Initially we were told that we would be called toward the end of this week for an admission, but things remain fluid.

As you know, we met with Dr. Carabasi last Friday and we had a good meeting. He was very impressed with how well Debbie looked and more importantly, how her counts were "normal." This does not necessarily mean that Debbie is not generating leukemia cells, but for some reason, and this is something that no one can account for, she is also generating normal white blood cells, hemoglobin and platlates. All of the Doctors have commented on this abnormality, but it is a good abnormality in my book!

On Monday, the Doctor called and said that he had been thinking about Debbie all weekend and wanted her to come down for a bone marrow biopsy today -- just to check where we are. We took this as a good sign. The Doctor said that Debbie looked and acted sooo good that he wanted to check her bone marrow for himself. (Amazing what a couple of cosmos and the Four Seasons will do for a girl, but Chizzie always told us so!!).

So Deb had her 4th bone marrow today -- which she describes as her worst -- and I can attest to her discomfort, but still vote #2 as the worst. It was a good test -- stuff was everywhere, bunches of slides were made, a good core was taken -- etc. Hell of a thing to witness and a worse thing to have to endure.

The results of this marrow should be done tomorrow and then they will tell us what is next. If Deb's leukemia is raging, we will be in for the transplant later this week. But hopefully, if the leukemia is minimal, we will be rethinking her next steps. Best case, if her leukemia is in remission, then we will have had our miracle! Of course, we do not know the answer yet, but something caused this Doctor to pause and take the very prudent step to check Debbie's current status. I think that was a good thing and I am hopeful.

We will post again as soon as we know what is going on.

Deb sends her love to all.

15 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Deb and Joe:
WOW! sounds good to me.
I love you guys,I'm still praying to any saint that will listen to me.
My love to all the family.
BIG HUGS
Your Aunt Angie

2/21/2006 7:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

praise be to God!

2/21/2006 8:47 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I Do believe in miracles, i Do believe in miracles.. gnuff...i hope, pray, and cross everything that i can still cross that it will be wonderful news... still wondering if they had that decimal point in the right place from the last time! Continue the positive vibes everyone,and prayers.. stay strong deb!! hoping for the best.. love you, mdf

2/21/2006 10:07 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Mr. and Mrs. T and family,
I finally got my hands your website address from my parents, and spent several hours catching up on ALL of the posts, from your family and of course, the FODs, who I fell in love with immediately! This blog idea is brilliant! My parents both check the blog every night, religiously, and give me updates on how you're all doing, but i wanted to read for myself. I wanted to let you know that our whole family is thinking about you!
Love, Sarah Booth

2/21/2006 10:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, that sure is some welcome news! I like this doctor already (and I need that cosmo recipe). I'll be on the lookout for some more good news tomorrow. Hang in there!

Love,
Lisa

2/21/2006 10:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Praise God!!

Hope you're feeling better real soon.

Lotsa love and continued prayers, Mussie

2/22/2006 4:35 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie,
Miracles happen everyday.You're still at the top of my list in prayer and thoughts along with your family. Sending my love.
Kathy Gaffney

2/22/2006 7:10 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Debbie and Joe,
God is good! Great news! I will be praying hard today for the news that you are in remission. If anyone deserves a miracle it's you. So sorry for all your suffering, this may be how God is answering your prayer Debbie. Hang in there and stay strong.
We'll be awaitng the good news!
Love,
Pam K and family

2/22/2006 9:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debby & Joe,
Halleuja!! - this is great news!!. Our initial impression of Dr. Carabasi is an outstanding one, capped by his calling you after thinking about the good "abnormality" over the weekend. We were not pleased with your having to undergo another bone marrow biopsy, but if it verifies Dr Carabasi's analysis, it was time well spent. Love, Mom & Dad

2/22/2006 10:54 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie,
This sounds like good news. You keep up with whatever it is you're doing. We will pass this news on to Nan and Ro. Our thoughts and prayers are with you all the way!

Lisa, Shirley, Eddy, Aunt Rosie, and Rosemarie

2/22/2006 5:46 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Deb and Joe:

Halleluah! I am thrilled of this news. Sorry you had to go through the bone marrow test but I will be anxiously awaiting the news of the results.

If you could just see me doing "the Bobby Shuffle" right now!

Hugs and Kisses and of course...our prayers...Leenie

2/22/2006 5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW!!!!!!

2/22/2006 5:55 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

DEBBIE:...This is such exciting news!.. I have been praying for you a lot. Usually when we walk into church and kneel as soon as we get there i dont really know what i am supposed to be praying about but lately i knew exactly what it was and it was YOU! I am so glad that this was good news! Hope the test come back good!

2/22/2006 6:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Debbie,

Great news, I'm so glad you have such awesome doctors that seem to care. The bone marrow stuff sounds horrible, I hope you are feeling better now. Good luck with the results... hopefully it is in remission- that's what we'll be praying for tonight!!!

xoxoMeg Noon

2/22/2006 7:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dear Debbie,

I hear the news is gettin somewhat better so that is a good sign. I hope you will be our miricle and pull through this. Were leaving ofr Cinnciaitti this weekend. But well be back on monday. I miss you and I want to see you. I hope you get well and be cured but all we can do is pray. The blog helped my day get better and when you heard that I hope it did the same for you.I MISS YOU!!

LOVE and Prayers,
Bee

2/22/2006 7:28 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home