Sunday, April 19, 2009

Beautiful Sunday

Hello Everybody,
This is Debbie on her own so get ready for the mistakes. How are all of you my dear friends? I hope you all had a nice easter and are enjoying this beautiful weather. Doesn't this make you want to plant your garden? I can't believe how time is flying. Almost graduation for Colin, Bobby T., Bobby L, Stephie and soon Meredith will be home from Spain and almost time for the beach. PLEASE GOD let me get to O.C. Belated Happy Birthday to Boni for the big 50 and ty for the great tee shirt. I wear it all the time and think of you and my precious babies. Thankyou everyone for all the cards that still come every day and all the wonderful cakes and
homemade candy. Who has the time for that? but boy is it good.
Well to the news. I have had a very bad couple of weeks. The Leukemia is very "active" as Dr. Porter would say. So I was at Penn 3 weeks ago for a lumbar puncture (that went just fine and NO leukemia in my brain) and then over to interventional radiology for a torturous 4 hrs. on the table trying to get a line in. No luck in my arm after 5 sticks so I have a Hickman cath back in my chest which is workinkg well. The real problem is that I did something to my back, I think a pinched siatic nerve withreallt terrible back pain and if you can believe it both heels have heel spurs or something that i can bearly stand. I.m not kidding. I have had to have someone with me to help me move and get to the bathroom etc. You can imagine how frustrating this is for me. Joe has been going in to work late to get me out of bed and then my wonderful friends have been taking turns staying with me. They all have jobs and grandkids they watch and its making me nuts ,yet i am SO GRATEFUL for thier help. I can'y have an MRI to see whats going on cause my kidney function is not great(BUN AND CREAT). Right after i had the line placed my vis. nurse and dear friend Cathy came and thought it looked infected, so she took a picture with her phone and sent it to Dr.Porter. Needless to say they called back 15min. later and said to come right down to Penn. They needed to pull the line and start iv antibiotics,.I refused. These poor people, I'm driving them crazy!!! It took 4 hrs. to get in and there is no place else to go so it has to stay is what i said. So we compromised with blood cultures and very srong antibiotics (5 to be exact) iv fluids at home .and it looked better by the next day. But, between being dehydrated and the use of very strong antibiotics the BUN and Creatinine went up so thats why i havent had an MRI. They have started me on Neurontin which is for nerve pain and im taking Vicocin around the clock. But am still having terrible unberable pain, calling Dr.Dave. I am managing and have been surrounded by so much love and have had some great converstions with my freinds (and lots of good food)!!!! I will be talking to Heather tomorrow to see what more we can do and of course chemo is looming because the hydrea is not working so well anymore. On a lighter note jessie walid and the kiddies along with little abbey dog were all up for easter, we had a great time. And allison and liz were here with izzy yesterday, and somehow God miraculously gives me the strength to enjoy these visits. I will close now but will let you all know what will be the next step in this journey. I love you all and a million thank yous for your attention and prayers
love
Debbie

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

No way that I could be post #1 but I am going to type feverishly so I can be first.

Just returned from one of Dave's boonedoggles to Cancun for the re-insurance company. I am finally home for a spell.

You are right soon Mere will be home and Colin is counting down...just three weeks left.

Talked to Aunt Rosie last week and they seem to be OK. Sure wish I closer to all of you guys.

Rumor has it that Bobby is coming for Colin's party. Colin of course is thrilled that anyone can make it from PA.

I know that you would be here if you could but we will keep you in our hearts during the graduation celebration.

Prom is this coming Saturday. Though we arrived home in the rain and it looked like the ground was saturated....it looks like Prom will have nice weather. I will send pictures.

Take care and just how do you do it! Love you cousin of mine.

COD Eileen

4/20/2009 1:28 AM  
Anonymous Kris said...

Hi Honey Lamb-

How great that you are back blogging - what a bummer that you are still feeling so chitty between your back and your feet. I am glad to hear that Jess, Walid and the kids were able to make Easter and that Izzy and Allison were able to visit yesterday - I know how seeing your grandbabies are good medicine for you.

I am so sorry to hear that the back and the heels are STILL giving you pain, honey. That has to be working your last nerve - and those 5 antibiotics have to be stressing out the old kidneys. "Ai-yi-yi" as Tia Eileen might say after her wonderful trip to Spain.

It's been busy land here. Between shoveling two feet of snow, entertaining the Pfosts and going to SoCal to attend my old boss's retirement party it's been a whirl. I'm still trying to recover from that trip to SoCal - I had forgotten how tiresome being charming could be. ;^D

Sending prayers up that Heather has some more magic up her sleeve to help you out honey. In fact, I'm hoping she has "divine ideas" for you. Which brings us to our Daily Word haha.

Divine Ideas

I follow inner guidance in realizing my dreams.

Flashes of inspiration and spiritual insight sometimes come to me without introduction or invitation. It's as if divine ideas are floating in my mind and suddenly one drops into my awareness at the strangest moment--while I'm in the shower or driving, where no pen and paper are within reach.

Divine ideas also come to me in prayer and meditation as my heart receives a gentle nudge, an inner knowing. No matter how they appear, divine ideas stir me into action through revelations of truth.

As I follow inner guidance, I begin to envision new and insightful ways to manage the circumstances of my life. Divine ideas encourage me to dream a new dream and to move beyond current understanding so that I realize that dream.

"Teach me your way, O Lord, and lead me on a level path."--Psalm 27:11Thinking of you and sending you all my love, honey. I'll call tomorrow to check on you and hear what Miss Heather had to say.

Kisses - K

P.S. Last week I went to tea at the Brown Palace with my hiking buddy, Naomi. It just wasn't the same as going to tea with you, my very best friend.

4/20/2009 9:53 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, Deb. Not sure if you got my last blog about DC. Actually, Terry and I are in Chicago for the next couple of days - he had a judicial conference planned, so we had lunch and dinner with Katy yesterday and I am meeting her for lunch today. She loves Chicago, but I can't stand the cold weather (40 degreees) and rain right now. Anyway, Jen and Thomas have been swamped with work from their firms, so going to see them has to be postponed. She even took a one-day trip to Las Vegas last week - for a case she is working on. It makes me crazy that all of my girls work so many hours a week, but I guess that is what they bargained for! So, we hope to get to DC sometime, although Jen and Thomas are coming home over 5/2 to run the mini (which I have had to give up my entry for because of bad knees - my running days are over) and for Thomas' birthday on 5/3, so we will get to see them. I am sorry for all the things that continue to come up and sorry you always seem to endure so much pain. Your attitude is wonderful and continue to be amazed by you, although I don't know why. You are the strongest person I know! Love you so! Love, Cheryl (Crone)

4/20/2009 12:26 PM  
Anonymous Donna K. said...

Hi Deb,

Just a quick hi from the beach. It's cold, foggy and windy right now but headed for the 80's this weekend! Keep that thought close till you get here to feel the sand between your toes--only 4 more days till you feel it yourself!
Don't forget the ACV that we talked about too.
Look forward to seeing you soon.
Love,
Donna

4/20/2009 6:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey.. could you have plantar facitis? i had that before and it hurts like the dickins ( boy am i sounding like my mom.. but this is public).. people recommend rolling your foot over a tennis ball to kind of stretch it out.. and some good shoes.. tennis shoes..
hot as hell here .. 94 as i write and its 5pm. had to turn on the A/C.. even thou its only april 20th. but men and heat do not mix.. and i have 3 of them in the house now.. yes.. gp is still here visiting.. so like to keep it semi plesant for everyone..
Not much else going on.. .patrick is still down at cal poly , ( 45 min from ucsb mussie) and mark is still playing baseball ALL the time.. but i love watching him also..
hope the pain starts to subside.. can you swim? would that help? or can you not get the hickman wet?
alright.. prayers your way.. glad you saw all the new additions.. talk to you soon.. love. mdf

4/20/2009 8:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Debbie:
Was so glad to see another post, but sorry you are still not feeling better. So happy you saw your grandbabies at Easter and don't worry the warm weather is coming and you WILL get down the shore and enjoy all the things you like the best.
Looking forward to my baby (Ali) getting home from college next week and celebrating her 21st birthday in May - YEAH. Keep the faith and don't give everyone such a hard time - We all love you and you are always in our prayers. Love Shelly

4/21/2009 11:43 AM  
Blogger TravelinGirl09 said...

Debbie

So happy to see that you got to do the post. It is very weird that I will be coming back to the States shortly. I'm ready though. I miss my friends and family so much. Hopefully I will get to see you soon. Miss you tons

Love Mere

4/21/2009 12:13 PM  
Anonymous beach betty said...

Wow, you continue to amaze me. I'm looking forward to seeing you on the beach this summer. I hope you're up for it.
I started back to Weight Watchers again. Last week I went Dress shopping for AJ's wedding. My sister came along and took pictures. Yikes! I didn't realize I was looking so lousy. Hopefully, weight watchers will do the trick.
Well it's my busy season again. I'm happy to say parents are still buying pictures even though we're in a recession. I hope they keep it up.
Take care of yourself. I hope you are feeling better soon.
Love,
Beach Betty

4/21/2009 6:38 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey.........so sorry about that sciatic nerve thingie-went thru that end of summer-had to drive to beach cause it hurt to walk that far..skelaxin and many weeks of PT brought me back. and of course the vertigo is probably sticking its' ugly head in... but...we pray your angels do their magic and of course that you can "let go, let God".
the alley looked everywhere for you last wknd.-the beach was very cold but the decks were perfect. we will bring sand from the beach if you have to deck-it!
in the meantime-feel the sun on your cheek...or better yet-on your back/hip/
leg and feet!
grace,peace,hugs,love-tony & jill

4/21/2009 8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home